Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 3 - Concrete Starting and Goals

I want to share the starting place and the specific goals I am setting for myself on the Brodyssey. The more specific the goals are, the more likely I am to reach them.

When it comes to the diet/fitness side of things, on Day 0, I weighed 197 pounds (89.4 kg) with approximately 16% body fat, give or take 1-2%. I am 6 feet tall, (1.8 m) with a waist circumference of thirty-three inches. A cold bicep flex is 15.5 in (39.37 cm) and my chest is 45.25 in (114.9 cm)

From what I understand about HST, I should be able to pack on 2-4 lbs of muscle in 30 days. So I should either be heavier with a similar body fat percentage, or lighter with less.

My ideal goal is to drop below 15% body fat while increasing the circumference of my chest/arms by 0.2 in.

Elsewhere, in Roosh V's Big Ass Book challenge, he outlines that I should read a book over 500 pages in 15 days. Since I'm doing a 30 day program, I will simply read 2. He recommends to read a nonfiction (either historical or biographical) with a masculine perspective. I have decided to focus on Ernest Hemingway, a man with whom I relate strongly.

An aspiring writer and renaissance man myself, I feel as though I would benefit greatly from a study of the man. My first book is nonfiction, just as Roosh suggests. It is "Hemingway's Boat," by Paul Hendrickson which is a biographical account relating the events of the latter half of Ernest's life with his relationship with his boat, Pilar. (more discussion on this in a later post)

The second is a compendium of Hemingway's short stories. It's fiction, I know, but it will a) increase my understanding and connection to the man, which is Roosh's intent, to draw a masculine influence and b) it will inspire me with my next challenge:

The Writer's Challenge. Shoshanna Evers used a very simple formula; she wrote 1000 words a day until she finished her book, and now she is wildly successful with more than 20 books for sale. I am being a bit ambitious with this program, if you couldn't already tell, so my goal is 2000. At the end of 30 days, I will have 60,000 words on the book I have started. (again, more discussion on this in a later post)

In my free time, I will be picking through Tim Ferriss' 4 Hour Work Week, which I plan on finishing before the 30 days as well as reading ahead in my BAB challenge, and writing ahead in my writer's challenge. I will allow myself only an hour of playing my brand new PS4 each day. (Herculean self-control) And I will meet my minimum requirements every day, or I will punish myself by completing twice the minimum the next day. I will strive to accomplish more than the minimum each day, and if I finish something early, who knows? I might throw something else in as well.

Thanks again for dropping by. What are your Resolutions? Are you resolute?

Don't forget to support the cause! http://igg.me/at/virilityvitamin/x/5921240

No comments:

Post a Comment