Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21 - Week Three Progress

The lion's share of the brodyssey is behind me. The changes are starting to seem permanent. I am getting to the stage when these duties and responsibilities and commitments I have given myself are starting to feel like habits.

Good. That's exactly what I wanted.

I haven't yet had the same stew twice. I've had sweet ginger stews, and spicy chipotle stews, goat stews off the bone, and tender lamb and beef stews, I've had leftover stews where I have dumped the contents of my fridge in the stew pot, half cause I was hungry, and half because I needed to clean all that crap out.

My waist keeps getting visibly smaller. I am getting more and more comments and compliments on the trimness of my waist. I was even told my face looked the way it did when I was in college. (how flattering) I am getting quite a bit more attention, winks and smiles, as I go about my life. It may be the trimness of my waist, or the bolstering of my shoulders, maybe even healthier skin, but perhaps its just the vitality of being healthier and more satisfied with a day's work.

I haven't made any official measurements, but I highly suspect that I have fallen below 188 lbs. I am also finding that several of my larger medium-sized shirts don't fit over my shoulders/arms anymore. It's a good problem to have. I have not, however, developed any stretch marks as I did on Leo Costa's BBB. But the time is not up and more growth is to be made before the end.

I have begun to hunger to read. Reading just one book at a time hasn't been enough for me lately, I've been combing through a couple simultaneously. I'm still chewing my way through Hemingway's complete short stories, but I also picked up a few pieces of fiction similar in tone to the book I am trying to write.

Speaking of that, I, as I predicted, have experienced times of radical productivity, sometimes producing up to 5000 words a day on my story. I am very proud to watch it grow.

In general, I have found myself becoming change-oriented. I have started to look around in my life and determine what I can improve, how I can improve, what new habits I should be developing and what things I need to just let fall by the wayside. In a way, it puts a burden on me to keep moving forward, but the momentum is a positive force and the direction in which I move is beneficial to me.

Just recently, I had to turn down the offer of going on a nice trip with my family in order to continue with the brodyssey. It was a difficult decision to make, but I was able to make it. Many of my responsibilities would have become nearly impossible had I accepted. I can only hope my productive streak will continue through that time.

I am extremely thankful that I began this journey. It has led me to make a few changes and create some new habits that will last the rest of my life. Ambition is rampant. In fact, I may even have a few announcements on this blog toward the end of the upcoming week...

No comments:

Post a Comment