Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 19 - Mass Pro Synthagen - Optimal Muscular Recovery

Rob Regish over there, working with the Mass Pro guys (muscle and sports science), has put together something that he truly believes in.

When it comes to building muscle, there are several factors that needs to in proper place and order for all the processes to ignite. There needs to be stimulation, obviously, working out demonstrates a need for a change, that's why we push the limits of volume and weight load when we lift.

We also need proper hormonal support and all of the necessary building blocks of muscle so that when the process begins, it can function optimally.

However, for anyone that didn't go to school to study this stuff (anatomy & physiology, biology, sports science) like me, there isn't much of an option when it comes to making educated decisions about this stuff other than working out hard, and staying on top of your nutrition and diet. It all just confuses and mystifies in a garbled mess of numbers, symbols and latin words and abbreviations.

I did Rob's Blueprint a while back, and his book (The Blueprint 3.0) described the integral importance of intra-workout supplementation. He claimed in fact, that if you were to abandon all other forms of supplementation in the book, and only kept one, it NEEDS to be a peri-workout drink.

He put together this concoction, called "The Formula." I certainly don't want to give you the exact contents, as I don't want to dissuade you from buying the book and checking it out. It's quite extensive, and founded in legitimate scientific study. But "The Formula" was his ideal intra-workout supplement. As well as a few sources of amino acids, there were even some unexpected ingredients that Rob claimed to have shaken his knowledge of muscle science. It was new for me also, and I tried it and really enjoyed it.

However, as time went on, being the inquisitive and perfection-seeking weirdo that I am, I reached out to Rob for some guidance when it came to specifics and modifications. I talked to him about his "Formula," and how I could optimize it for the best with my lifestyle. He told me something both frustrating and exciting. He said that, unfortunately, even though his "Formula" was incredible at doing what it was purported to do, he and the guys over at Mass Pro found something even better.

They had put together a supplement that did everything that the "Formula" did, as well as being the best restorative product on the market. I did some study on it, and found that it has been shown to help lifters recover so quickly from their workouts that they could squeeze extra lifts in. I jumped all over it, and ordered a twin pack.

It contains the complete ProtoGeneX Amino Acid Matrix, giving the muscles all of the necessary fuel to rebuild, as well as a gamut of further power-packed ingredients. More information on the exact contents, uses, and reviews, check here.

After a six-week cycle of Mass Pro Synthagen, I found it to be far superior in promoting muscular recovery and preparing me for my next workout than just a simple whey protein shake. (Still take those, please.)

When I started the brodyssey, to give myself the best chance of succeeding using my program and diet, I knew I had to get the best recovery formula I've tried so far.

Only the results will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment